Latest admissions information for Year 7 2024
Applications for Year 7 2024 through your local authority are now open. The deadline for Year 7 applications was 31st October 2024.
How to respond to a Year 7 secondary school offer
Please note offers are made by your home local authority and not the school.
Information about how places were allocated at Bristol Cathedral Choir School for 2023:
Link to 2023 First Round Allocation Statement
Link to 2023 Second Round Allocation Statement
Information about appealing - Link to Appeal Information Year 7 2023
What to do when you have a new Year 7 secondary school place offer and when you need to do it
You must reply to your home local authority by 15th March 2024 when receiving an offer for a new Year 7 secondary school place offer.
If you Applied online
If you applied online you’ll get an email with a link to log on to the Parent Portal. When you have logged in you should either:
- accept the place by placing a tick in the ‘accept’ box, before clicking send response.
- not accept the place and ask to go on a waiting list for a school that you applied for but did not get offered a place.
- not accept the place and request an appeal for your preferred school.
- not accept the place and tell your local authority that the place is no longer needed for example if your child will be attending an independent school.
- not accept the place and request new school preferences, all changes must be made in writing to your home local authority.
If you applied by post your offer letter will include a form for you to indicate what you want to do which you must fill in and return.
Bristol residents can find out more information here; https://www.bristol.gov.uk/schools-learning-early-years/school-admissions
Non-Bristol residents can find out more via their home Local Authority.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org