Latest admissions information for Year 7 2024

Link to BCCS Trailblazer Scheme Summer 2024 information

Applications for Year 7 2024 through your local authority are now open. The deadline for Year 7 applications was 31st October 2023.

BCCS has a published admission number (PAN) of 150 pupils for entry into Year 7. The
school will accordingly admit at least 150 each year if sufficient applications are
received. All applicants will be admitted if 150 or fewer apply.

How to respond to a Year 7 secondary school offer

Please note offers are made by your home local authority and not the school.

Information about how places were allocated at Bristol Cathedral Choir School for 2023:

Link to First Round Allocation Statement

Link to Second Round Allocation Statement

Information about appealing - Link to Appeal Information Year 7 2024

What to do when you have a new Year 7 secondary school place offer and when you need to do it

You must reply to your home local authority by 15th March 2024 when receiving an offer for a new Year 7 secondary school place offer.

If you Applied online

If you applied online you’ll get an email with a link to log on to the Parent Portal. When you have logged in you should either:

  • accept the place by placing a tick in the ‘accept’ box, before clicking send response.
  • not accept the place and ask to go on a waiting list for a school that you applied for but did not get offered a place.
  • not accept the place and request an appeal for your preferred school.
  • not accept the place and tell your local authority that the place is no longer needed for example if your child will be attending an independent school.
  • not accept the place and request new school preferences, all changes must be made in writing to your home local authority.

If you applied by post your offer letter will include a form for you to indicate what you want to do which you must fill in and return.

Bristol residents can find out more information here;

Non-Bristol residents can find out more via their home Local Authority.

For further information please contact