Careers Support Information
- CASCAID - Parents guide to careers advice
- Parents/Carers Support For Careers Journey - lots of helpful advice for Parents regarding careers
- CWA - Parental Guidance
- Parents Podcast - 8-part podcast series for parents and carers to support with careers advice and guidance
- Studio Schools & UTC's for 14-19
- T-levels an Introduction for Parents
- Transition into Yr 7
- Career choices - steps to take in Yrs 7/8/9
- Pathways at 14
- Yr 9 Options - Student Support Information
- Yr 9 Options - Subject Information
- How to choose your GCSE Options - WEBINAR
- Step Ahead Student Workbook - Ages 11-12
- Step Ahead Student Workbook - Ages 13-14
- Step Ahead Student Workbook - Ages 14-15
- Pathways at Post 16 - VIDEO
- Pathways at Post 16 - POSTER
- Pathways at Post 16 - CareerPilot
- 6 things you should know before making A-level choices - here
- Career choices - steps to take in Yrs 10/11
- Step Ahead Student Workbook - Ages 15-16
- Studio Schools & UTC's for 14-19
- T-levels Recording
- Search for T-levels
- T-levels Transition Programme
- ALL Options Explained
- Pathways at Post 18 - CareerPilot
- Beyond Sixth Form - Tutor2u Skills Booster Course
- Not sure what your next steps/pathways are - take this quick quiz to identify possible options, click here to take a longer quiz to help you decide on possible careers.
- Step Ahead Student Workbook - Post 16
- HTQ's - Understanding Higher Technical Qualifications - Recorded Webinar
- HTQ's - Exlpained
- Apply for a HTQ
- Fledglink.com - download to your mobile for a variety of Careers tools to help you identify next steps
BCCS Careers Resources
- Please click on this link to see the careers resources held in the LRC
- Bristol Post 16 Directory - Courses start date 2024
- 2022 Bristol and South West Sixth Form/College information, open days and application deadlines
Useful Careers Websites (overview document can be found here)
https://www.p16p.co.uk/about - Bristol Post 16 Participation website - this website offers contacts and information about all options for students Post 16. It also has a calendar of careers events in Bristol that may be of interest - one to follow!
https://www.careerpilot.org.uk – An excellent website which covers different options at 13/14, 16+ and 18+ as well as giving tips for careers activities you can complete from Yr7 onwards. You can find information about different careers from salaries available to qualifications needed as well as different routes to getting into careers.
https://www.unifrog.org - Offers a one-stop-shop where students can explore their interests, then find and successfully apply for their best next step after school. Please speak to your tutor or Mr Mann if you need login details.
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk – The national careers service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work. It covers a number of key areas including CVs, Skills health check reports, action plans, course searches
https://icould.com – This website provides career inspiration and information for young people by showing what is possible in work and offer different ways to think about careers through free access to over 1000 personal video stories, detailed job information, plus practical tips, insight and advice.
https://www.careersbox.co.uk - Careersbox is the national careers film library, a free careers resource showing hundreds of real people doing real jobs
https://www.prospects.ac.uk – Want to know what job might suit you based on your skills, interests and motivations – with over 400 different jobs profiles you’ll get results instantly as well as lots of additional information about careers advice.
Talent Talks - talking about options with young employees who work for real businesses and have been in the same position as you
https://resources.amazingapprenticeships.com - This site will give you access to everything you need to know about Apprenticeships as well as current apprenticeship vacancies. Amazing Apprenticeships is the approved communication channel, commissioned by the National Apprenticeship Service, to support the Apprenticeship Support & Knowledge for Schools project.
https://futurefinder.yourlife.org.uk - Designed for teenagers, Future Finder connects today’s A Level choices with tomorrow’s careers. It shows you which jobs are growing and need you. You can see which A Level choices can earn you the most money. It helps you understand how what you learn in the classroom is relevant to the outside world. Future Finder features 430 different jobs and draws on a variety of labour market data feeds from credible sources such as UCAS, UKCES and the Russell Group.
https://www.startprofile.com - Start is a free and comprehensive digital platform, offering schools and colleges a single starting point to help simplify and improve careers guidance in schools.By following Start’s structured and progressive activities, students can make more informed decisions about future study and career options at the right time and in good time.
https://successatschool.org/ - Success at School is the place for young people to explore careers, get the lowdown on top employers, and search for the latest jobs, courses and advice.
https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/careers - BBC Bitesize Careers - Whether you’re deciding what to study, taking your exams, planning a career, or just curious, the BBC Bitesize Careers area can explain the world of work, with advice from people who've found the right path for them