Sixth Form Admissions
Sixth Form Admissions
Open Events for Year 12 2020 entry
Tuesday 15th October - 5.30pm - 8.00pm
Thursday 7th November - 5.30pm - 8.00pm
There is no requirement to book for an open event.
The online application form will open mid-October 2019 on the school website. Closing date for applications is Tuesday 7th January 2020.
Process of application
- Please read the BCCS Post 16 admission arrangements 2020/21, available to view below, before completing an application.
- Please refer to the specific entry requirements for individual subjects we offer before choosing your subject combinations; http://bccs.bristol.sch.uk/sixth-form/academic-excellence/
- To be eligible to enter the sixth form, both internal and external students will be expected to have met the minimum academic entry requirements. We will be looking for GCSE grades 6, 6, 5, 5, 5 and a 4 in English Language or Literature.
- Students are required to have a minimum grade 6 in any subject they wish to pursue at A level.
- Students wishing to study science subjects must have at least a 6, 6 across Core and Additional Science.
- Students may choose up to 4 A Level subjects, but only one subject from a block.
- Whilst every effort is made, admission to BCCS does not guarantee entry to the courses as offered in the prospectus. Entry to courses is subject to sufficient student numbers, relevant staffing and the availability of specialist accommodation that is cost effective.
- Changes to courses following discussion with students will only be permitted if there is room in the intended class and that altering the course does not involve unreasonable disruption to the learning experiences of other students.
- If a course is unable to run, due to insufficient numbers, BCCS will contact students concerned in the first instance.
- Games for year 12 students is timetabled for period 4 and 5 on Wednesday afternoons.
Subject blocks for 2020 entry will be available mid October.
The application form for 2020 entry will open mid-October 2019 on this site.
Determined Admission Arrangements
Cathedral Schools Trust is the admission authority for BCCS who have determined (agreed) the admission arrangements for children who will be admitted to the school at the normal point of entry for September 2020.
BCCS Post 16 determined admission arrangements 2020/21 can be viewed here
Admission Arrangements 2019/20
BCCS 6th Form determined admission arrangements 2019/20 can be viewed here
For further information:
For all 6th Form admission queries please contact email@example.com