In Year Admissions
Admission to Other Year Groups
In-Year Admission for 2020/21 academic year only
The following applications will be treated as in-year admissions during 2020/21:
- applications for admission to Year 7 which are received after 1 September 2020 (late applications for year 7 2020 can still be made via your home local authority until 31 August 2020).
- all other applications for admission to Years 8 to 11.
Bristol Cathedral Choir School is a very oversubscribed school and we do not have any vacancies in any year group. You are welcome to make an application to go onto the waiting list for the relevant year group for the 2020/21 academic year only. In line with the School Admissions Code we are unable to give parents/carers any indication as to the likelihood of being able to offer a place and for this reason we are unable to offer individual visits to the school.
Priority will not be given on the basis of the date an application was added to the list. There is no advantage to making an application early. All applications are ranked in line with the over-subscription criteria, in order of priority, as set out in the published admission arrangements 2020/21. Each time a new applicant joins, the waiting list is re ranked in line with the over-subscription criteria, in order of priority, as follows;
- Looked after children and previously looked after children;
- Children of staff;
- Children with a sibling on roll at the time of application at Bristol Cathedral Choir School (Year 7 to Year 11);
- Children by random allocation living in Bristol Postcode areas BS1 to BS16
- Other children by random allocation not living in Bristol Postcode areas BS1 to BS16
A full copy of the BCCS Admission Arrangements 2020/21 can be viewed here
Please note music specialism places are only available during the secondary transfer normal admission round for Year 7 intake in September each year. Music places are not available for any in-year transfers.
Who can apply
Applications will be accepted for children who meet one or more of the following:
- they are resident in the UK
- they hold full British Citizen Passports
- they are from countries whose passports have been endorsed to show that they have the right to abode in this country
- they are from the European Economic Area (EEA).
Applications for children who do not meet one of the above will not be accepted until the child is in this country.
Waiting lists are terminated at the end of the academic year. Applications submitted in previous years do not carry forward into the next academic year. If you have previously submitted an in year application and were unsuccessful in gaining a place at the school, you will need to submit a new 2020/21 application.
If you wish to make an in year application please complete the online form below. Alternatively, you may request a hard copy from admissions at the school.
BCCS Admission Arrangements 2020/21 can be viewed here
On receipt of your application we will write to you, usually within 5 school working days, with the outcome of your application. If we are unable to offer you a school place, you will have the opportunity to request to go on the waiting list for the duration of the 2020/21 academic year. Parents/carers have the right of appeal to an independent appeal panel following an unsuccessful application. Please note there are changes to the appeal process during the coronavirus outbreak.
For information about the formal appeal process, please read the document below;
For further information please contact email@example.com