In Year Admissions
Admission to Other Year Groups
In-Year Admission for 2021/22 academic year only
The following applications will be treated as in-year admissions during 2021/22:
- applications for admission to Year 7 which are received after 1 September 2021 (late applications for Year 7 2021 can still be made via your home local authority until 31 August 2021).
- all other applications for admission to Years 8 to 11.
The admission authority will operate a waiting list for applications submitted for years other than the normal year of entry. Priority will not be given on the basis of the date an application was added to the list. There is no advantage to making an application early. If more applications are received than there are places available, the oversubscription criteria as set out in the published admission arrangements 2021/22 will apply. Note: Probationer Chorister places, music specialism places and Feeder School places are excluded for any in-year transfers.
Each time a new applicant joins, the waiting list is re ranked in line with the oversubscription criteria, in order of priority, as follows;
- Children in care or children who were previously in care;
- Children of staff;
- Children with a sibling on roll at the time of application at Bristol Cathedral Choir School (Year 7 to Year 11);
- Other children by random allocation living in Bristol Postcode areas BS1 to BS16
- All other children by random allocation not living in Bristol Postcode areas BS1 to BS16
In line with the School Admissions Code we are unable to give parents/carers any indication as to the likelihood of being able to offer a place and for this reason we are unable to offer individual visits to the school.
Who can apply
Applications will be accepted for children who meet one or more of the following:
- they are resident in the UK
- they hold full British Citizen Passports
- they are from countries whose passports have been endorsed to show that they have the right to abode in this country
- they are from the European Economic Area (EEA).
Applications for children who do not meet one of the above will not be accepted until the child is in this country.
Waiting lists are terminated at the end of the academic year. Applications submitted in previous years do not carry forward into the next academic year. If you have previously submitted an in year application and were unsuccessful in gaining a place at the school, you will need to submit a new 2021/22 application.
If you wish to make an in year application please complete the online form below. Alternatively, you may request a hard copy from admissions at the school. Please read the admission arrangements before completing an application.
On receipt of your application we will respond to you, by email, usually within 5 working days, with the outcome of your application. Please check your junk/spam folder for correspondence. If you have not received anything within this timescale then do get in touch; email@example.com
If we are unable to offer you a school place, you will have the opportunity to request to go on the waiting list for the duration of the 2021/22 academic year. Waiting lists are terminated at the end of the academic year. Applications submitted in previous years do not carry forward into the next academic year. If you have previously submitted an in year application and were unsuccessful in gaining a place at the school, you will need to submit a new 2021/22 application.
Parents/carers have the right of appeal to an independent appeal panel following an unsuccessful application. Please note there are changes to the appeal process due to COVID.
For information about the formal appeal process, please read the documents below;
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org