Sixth Form Admissions
Admission to Year 12 2019
Open events will take place on;
Tuesday 16th October 2018 5.30pm - 8.00pm
Thursday 8th November 2018 5.30pm - 8.00pm
The presentation will take place at 6pm and will be repeated again at 6.45pm. You will have an opportunity to meet faculty staff and existing students and have a tour. There is no requirement to book for an open event. Please note there is no parking on the school site.
Process of application
- Please read the admission arrangements 2019/20 and refer to the specific entry requirements for individual subjects before choosing your subject combinations.
- To be eligible to enter the sixth form, both internal and external students will be expected to have met the minimum academic entry requirements. We will be looking for GCSE grades 6, 6, 5, 5, 5 and a 4 in English Language or Literature.
- Students are required to have a grade 6 in any subject they wish to pursue at A level.
- Students wishing to study science subjects must have at least a 6, 6 across Core and Additional Science.
- Students may choose up to 4 A Level subjects, but only one subject from a block.
- Whilst every effort is made, admission to BCCS does not guarantee entry to the courses as offered in the prospectus. Entry to courses is subject to sufficient student numbers, relevant staffing and the availability of specialist accommodation that is cost effective.
- Changes to courses following discussion with students will only be permitted if there is room in the intended class and that altering the course does not involve unreasonable disruption to the learning experiences of other students.
- If a course is unable to run, due to insufficient numbers, BCCS will contact students concerned in the first instance.
- Games for year 12 students is timetabled for period 4 and 5 on Wednesday afternoons.
To view the subject blocks for 2019 entry please click here
Applications for year 12 2019 entry have now closed.
If you wish to submit a 'late' application please complete the form available here
Please note we have received a very high number of applications. Priority will be given to those applicants who applied on time and therefore we cannot guarantee a place will be available in September.
Admission Arrangements 2019/20
BCCS 6th Form determined admission arrangements 2019/20 can be viewed here
Timetable for Admission to year 12 entry in September 2019
Monday 7th January 2019 - closing date for applications
Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st March 2019 - informal discussion meetings with external students, not compulsory and by appointment only
Easter 2019 - conditional offers made
Tuesday 2nd July 2019 - Taster Day
Thursday 22nd August 2019 - GCSE results day - we strongly recommend you do not book a holiday on or around results day
Friday 30th August - Year 12 Induction Day - all students joining the 6th Form at BCCS are expected to attend
September 2019 - Term begins for all students
Admission Arrangements 2018/19
6th form admission arrangements 2018/19 - click here
For further information:
For all 6th Form admission queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org