SCHOOL UNIFORM 2017 2018
BCCS school uniform can only be purchased directly from Famous School Branches who have two shops in Bristol.
The full stock is available from their Bedminster branch and also be available on their website: https://store.famousbranches.com/bristol-cathedral-choir-school-bristol
Core sizes are available from their Henleaze branch. Online orders can be collected from both stores or shipped at £4.95 per order.
Famous School Branches Bedminster
140 East Street
Bristol, BS3 4EW
Tel: 0117 966 1432 – contact Jenny or Becky
Tuesday to Saturday 9am – 5pm (closed Monday)
Closed Sundays, Mondays and Bank Holidays.
Online orders available to collect instore.
Famous School Branches Henleaze
186-190 Henleaze Road
Bristol, BS9 4NE
Tel: 0117 9620011
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday 10am – 5pm
Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
Years 7 to 11:
- Black blazer with embroidered school badge to be worn at all times. (Available from Famous School branches only).
- Knee-length black pleated skirt with gold band (available from Famous School Branches only) or tailored black trousers (should be purchased from Famous School Branches).
- Black v-neck pullover with magenta stripe. (Available from Famous School Branches only).
- School tie (available from Famous School Branches only) or Chorister’s tie, to be tied up to collar and normal length.
- Plain white shirt/blouse with buttons to the neck and standard collar. Must be tucked in at all times.
- Black or skin coloured plain tights, no stockings or hold ups are permitted.
- White, grey or black socks.
- Black low-heeled polishable shoes not ballet pumps, boots or trainers.
- A single, small plain stud earring in each ear lobe is allowed but no other visible piercings.
- No bracelets, rings or necklaces to be visible. No hoops or dangly earrings, nose studs or stretchers.
- Make-up must be discreet and no false nails/extensions are permitted.
Guidance for All:
- Plain dark coats are permitted to suit the weather conditions but must be removed for lessons.
- Hijabs should be plain dark colour.
- No ‘hoodies’ except for school games issue which may be worn to and from school.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Vests or t-shirts worn under shirts for warmth must not be visible.
- No scarves, hats or gloves to be worn in school.
- No extreme hairstyles, dyed hair must be of a natural colour.
- All items of school clothing should be clearly marked with the student’s name.
- Earphones should not be worn in lessons unless specific permission is given.
Wearing inappropriate uniform will be sanctioned according to the Behaviour Policy. If pupils arrive at school in incorrect uniform they may be lent uniform, sent to study in the Behaviour Support Unit or sent home to change (after parental contact). The Head of School’s decision is final.
Sixth Form Expectations:
- Business dress should be worn by all Sixth Form students.
Equipment for all students:
Sturdy school bag.
- Pencil case, pens (including black for examinations), pencils and pencil sharpener, coloured pens, pencils and highlighters.
- Rubber, compass, calculator, circular protractor and ruler.
- Glue stick and small scissors.
- Water bottle (these can be refilled at various water fountains throughout the school site).
All new students will be issued with a lanyard and access card which needs to be worn around their neck at all times. This is for identification purposes for both staff and students and allows secure access to the school site, for assigning and logging printer tasks and for payment of school meals.
If any of these items are lost or damaged they need to be replaced at the student’s own expense. A new card costs £2.50, the holder costs 50p and a strap costs £3.00. These can be purchased via Wisepay.