About Bristol Cathedral Choir School
Our Mission Statement, Core Values & Faith Vision
Bristol Cathedral Choir School has an ethos reflecting the Christian faith and with Music as its specialism. It aspires to be a learning community where all achieve their full potential in a supportive and tolerant environment, so that they can contribute fully to the society in which they live.
Not just knowledge, but insight, reason, judgement, learning from our mistakes, listening and not being afraid to fail. From a Christian perspective, wisdom also stems from God, revealing his character of compassion, love, mercy and justice, and showing us how to live our lives together, respecting each other and the planet we live on.
Being together, in community, participating, supporting, sharing, welcoming, belonging, celebrating, diversity. In Acts 2: 42-47 the early Church were described as being in fellowship; they shared everything, were of one accord, and lived to serve one another, their God, and those in need.
How we treat each other – goes beyond politeness, but extends to kindness, empathy, mercy, forgiveness, alleviating suffering, giving to charity, selflessness and love, showing compassion and being respectful. God’s version of showing courtesy is to give his compassion freely, to feed the hungry crowd, heal the sick, help the helpless, protect the vulnerable, love the ignored and rejected: He encourages us to do the same and go the extra mile, to put others before ourselves.
Bristol Cathedral Choir School's faith vision:
- We celebrate and tell the Christian story.
- As a community of faith, we actively welcome those of all faiths and worldviews.
- Our community is full of hope and lives out core values derived from Christian teachings.
- We meet in the Cathedral to celebrate the life of the School, to sing, think and reflect together, and to offer opportunities for worship and prayer.
- We seek to develop the whole person, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally across all subject areas and co-curricular activities.